Pages

Friday, September 24, 2010

Studying Japanese

On September 14th, intensive beginning Japanese class started.  We meet for 5 hours a day to practice phonetics and the writing system. Similar to Chinese, Japanese uses a series of character symbols to represent a sound.  Fifteen students including myself are taking the course.  The regular fall semester begins on October 5th at which time I will be in a semester-long Elementary Japanese course.  It has been challenging but I know it is important to learn and understand the language and culture which I have been invited to be a part of for the next year.  Additionally, I will take courses relating to international business and intercultural communication.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck... it's important and I'm sure it will allow you to get so much more out of your time in Japan. I wish I had the opportunity to do that sort of course... it's a good way to start learning the language... but the best way is to just start speaking with people (sounds obvious, I suppose).

    ReplyDelete