Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Happy Thanksgiving

As you baste your turkey and slide the cranberry sauce onto Grandma's china dish, I want to thank you. It has been my great fortune to have the support of dear friends and family as I continue this journey called life. According to The Beatles, "All you need is love." I couldn't agree more which is why I am blessed to have such a strong circle of family and friends. As I sit half a world away from home, I have not forgotten the sacrifices that the brave men and women of our military have made. Earlier today, I listened to a friend, fellow international student, and South Korean reflect on his mandatory years of military service. He was fortunate having not had to enter combat, but fears his younger brother might not be so lucky. As bargain hunters gear up for Black Friday, many young servicemen and women around the globe fear they will soon be standing in a different line. I will spend this Thanksgiving counting my lucky stars.

1 comment:

  1. Miss you, Jake! I love the posting! Keep up the nice photog work too :)

    ReplyDelete